Important changes in this major release include:
- DAS: you can now annotate an unknown amino acid sequence using annotations of its homologs. First, you search for homologs using the Uniprot BLAST. Second, you load the annotations of the selected homologs to your sequence using the Distributed Annotation System (DAS).
- NCBI Genbank search interface: search for DNA and protein sequences in the GenBank database directly from UGENE.
- Bowtie2: use sequencing reads aligner "Bowtie2" from UGENE GUI.
- Codon table: a new help view "Codon table" was added into the Sequence View. Click "Ctrl+T" to open it there.
- Multiple Alignment Format: a new format PHYLIP is now supported.
- Assembly Format: ACE format is now opened in the Assembly Browser.
- NGS pipelines: "Call variant with SAMtools" pipeline was optimized.
Workflow Designer: there were a lot of major and minor improvements.
- Usage of a common workflow output directory
- Storing history of a workflow execution (in dashboards)
- Managing of different workflows output
- Re-running of a workflow from a dashboard
- Debugging of a workflow execution and investigation of an intermediate data state.
- "Workflow schemas" were renamed to "workflows"